- Patient has respiratory illness, probably viral, but requests antibiotic treatment.
- Patient has headache, probably tension, but feels a CT scan should be ordered "for good measure".
- Patient has chest pain and chest wall tenderness, but gets admitted to "rule out" a myocardial infarction.
- Patient has fatigue and mild depression, with "low normal" testosterone level, and asks you to prescribe testosterone supplement.
- Patient has had trouble losing weight with dieting and requests amphetamines for weight loss to "jump start" the process.
I consult a variety of financial, legal, and other professionals expecting them to render their honest appraisal and recommendations. If this is a recommenation not to do something, I would certainly accept, and appreciate their candor; as a doctor I should do no less!
Your comments and dissenting opinions are always welcome!